We got to camp late Friday night, talked to the cook for awhile, went to the girl's staff cabin, talked, and took pictures until 2am. :) Christine just bought the Canon 60D, so it was really fun to see that, and Samantha and Lauren loved taking pictures with it. :)
Saturday after breakfast, Samantha, Paige, and Christine were in the kitchen for awhile, there were two lunches on Saturday, the first one was for the CEFers and the second was for the Rubber Legs riders, people raised money for camp, a certain amount per miles, and then they came and either walked or biked for four hours on Saturday.
Lauren and I took a ton of pictures with Sammy's camera, she has the Xsi, we were doing timer pictures together, and we didn't realize that if you set it on 10 seconds, it takes 10 pictures (although Sammy later told us you can change that ;). So the first time we just sat there smiling as we watched the shutter go 10 times! Then we did some sweet action shots.
We were really bored, so we put all the pictures on Sam's laptop, deleted most the ones we didn't like, and edited a few. Er, one... Editing didn't go to well, because we had no internet, so we couldn't use Picnik, and the only programs she has are windows picture viewer and Gimp. I've heard Gimp is really good, but I can't ever figure out what to do. :/
Next we decided to go to the library, there are two towns by camp, and it was in the one town, and you have to go right, left, right, left, and then you're there. Well, we went right, but as we got to the left turn, I remembered that Samantha had to show proof of address last summer to get her library card, and you can't use the computers or check stuff out unless you have one. So we went right instead. Then we turned a few times, and only found one good place to take pictures, it was these really cute shed things, but they had a ''no-tresspassing/no hunting'' sign up. :(
Then we went back to camp, packed the car, and didn't do much until it was time to wash dishes.
Then we went back to camp, packed the car, and didn't do much until it was time to wash dishes.
Dishroom interesting, because I halfway knew what to do, and Lauren didn't know what to do...Paige helped us for the first lunch, but ditched us after the second to hold a baby. :)
After we were done working me and Lauren hurried the girls as fast as we could, because we really wanted to go to the camera store, but it takes an hour to get there and it closes at 5pm. We managed to get there 10 minutes before it was closed, and we looked at the cameras. Now for the exciting part...I GOT TO HOLD THE T2i!!!! =D I am so happy! I love it, and now I really can't wait to buy it. *happy dreamy sigh* :)
Then we went to the mall for awhile, and went home.
After we were done working me and Lauren hurried the girls as fast as we could, because we really wanted to go to the camera store, but it takes an hour to get there and it closes at 5pm. We managed to get there 10 minutes before it was closed, and we looked at the cameras. Now for the exciting part...I GOT TO HOLD THE T2i!!!! =D I am so happy! I love it, and now I really can't wait to buy it. *happy dreamy sigh* :)
Then we went to the mall for awhile, and went home.
All that just to say, we had a really fun weekend, but I didn't plan my food well, so when we got home I was craving carbs really, really bad! On Monday, I decided to remedy that, and try making a gluten free something to eat this week.
It was quite simple picking, as they were having homemade pizza on Monday, so I looked up recipes, and found one that looked really good at Gluten Free Goddess.
After making sure we had all the ingredients (Check!) And thinking about what to put on it (Check!) And procrastinating a little, to make sure I wanted to try it. I did it. I made gluten/corn/dairy/who-else-knows-what free pizza crust!!! And it was good. :D Not perfect, but it didn't taste bad, it didn't fall apart, get to tall (Could that happen?) not rise. It worked. :)
Instructions:
1 cup tapioca flour/starch (You can use potato starch if you need to, but NEVER cook with potato flour)
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup millet flour (Is it just me or do any of you bird owners/previous bird owners think of the millet you feed your birds. On stalks. Then it goes in their cage and gets quite dirty. yuck! :P)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (Most of this has corn, ususally cornstarch, in it, so I'll give you a recipe for it at the bottom of this post)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum (this is/can be derived from corn or something like that, so make sure you can still eat it!) You can use a heaping teaspoon arrowroot instead if you'd like.
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar or sweetener of choice
Mix in a bowl. (I'm so descriptive...)

Dissolve this and let sit until bubbly. (Me and yeast never seem to get to happy together. But it's usually puffy enough that I 'hope' it works, and so far it's done pretty well...)
1 1/4 cup warm water (between 110 - 115 degrees F)
1 teaspoon light brown sugar or sweetener of choice
1 packet (1/4 ounce or 1 1/8 teaspoons) active dry yeast

Add the yeast to the dry ingredients, stir. Add
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup beaten egg whites (or egg replacer for two eggs) (I didn't know if she meant to have them beaten to be mixed, or beaten as in floofy whiteness like whipped cream is. Several comments said how egg replacer worked well, so I just used that. :P)
1/4 teaspoon lime juice (It said rice vinegar, I would of used white wine, but I didn't think we had any (we do have some though, it's just old...haha) but I read somewhere that in small amounts you can use lemon juice instead of vinegar, but we ran out of that, so I used lime juice...ahem.)

Stir the dough as well as possible, mine just turned into this big ball of dough, it looked wet/greasy, but wasn't sticky to the touch, and it was so light and airy!

Put in pan(s) I used two pans, one bigger than the other, so I divided the dough into aprox. one-third, and two-thirds.

(You can't really tell, but the pan on the left is the smaller. ;)
Let rise in warm spot for up to 15 minutes. (I wouldn't reccomend longer, because I've heard letting GF yeast doughs rise for more than 20 minutes ruins them, so the get puffy, but after cooking they sink really bad. And I've experienced that myself...) I let mine go for about 10 minutes I think.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Top with desired toppings, and broil for about 5 minutes or until your toppings are cooked/heated, but not burnt! :)
For supper I topped mine with a cooked steak umm, frozen spinach (we didn't have fresh :( ), a few green pepper pieces, a little goat cheese, manchego sheep cheese, and some broccoli. You could basically put whatever you want on it. :)
I had a slice of the bigger one for breakfast Tuesday, and I put a little oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon on it, then broiled it. I was hoping to get the sugar to bubble and melt, but I put the cinnamon on top of the sugar, so it didn't work so well. ;)
I had peanut butter and jelly on some. Yum. I've missed that more than you could know. (and I never even loved it to begin with...) When I made pb&j, I did toast it, because it is a little, odd, you could say, not moist? but not goey? I don't know how to explain it. :) It's just better warm/toasted.
We had hamburgers last night, and I didn't even think about eating mine on their! But it would've been awesome!!!
Well we are going to finish this week's Biggest Loser now! :)
I'm not making any promises, but I'll try to post more often!
It was quite simple picking, as they were having homemade pizza on Monday, so I looked up recipes, and found one that looked really good at Gluten Free Goddess.
After making sure we had all the ingredients (Check!) And thinking about what to put on it (Check!) And procrastinating a little, to make sure I wanted to try it. I did it. I made gluten/corn/dairy/who-else-knows-what free pizza crust!!! And it was good. :D Not perfect, but it didn't taste bad, it didn't fall apart, get to tall (Could that happen?) not rise. It worked. :)
Instructions:
1 cup tapioca flour/starch (You can use potato starch if you need to, but NEVER cook with potato flour)
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup millet flour (Is it just me or do any of you bird owners/previous bird owners think of the millet you feed your birds. On stalks. Then it goes in their cage and gets quite dirty. yuck! :P)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (Most of this has corn, ususally cornstarch, in it, so I'll give you a recipe for it at the bottom of this post)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum (this is/can be derived from corn or something like that, so make sure you can still eat it!) You can use a heaping teaspoon arrowroot instead if you'd like.
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar or sweetener of choice
Mix in a bowl. (I'm so descriptive...)

Dissolve this and let sit until bubbly. (Me and yeast never seem to get to happy together. But it's usually puffy enough that I 'hope' it works, and so far it's done pretty well...)
1 1/4 cup warm water (between 110 - 115 degrees F)
1 teaspoon light brown sugar or sweetener of choice
1 packet (1/4 ounce or 1 1/8 teaspoons) active dry yeast

Add the yeast to the dry ingredients, stir. Add
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup beaten egg whites (or egg replacer for two eggs) (I didn't know if she meant to have them beaten to be mixed, or beaten as in floofy whiteness like whipped cream is. Several comments said how egg replacer worked well, so I just used that. :P)
1/4 teaspoon lime juice (It said rice vinegar, I would of used white wine, but I didn't think we had any (we do have some though, it's just old...haha) but I read somewhere that in small amounts you can use lemon juice instead of vinegar, but we ran out of that, so I used lime juice...ahem.)

Stir the dough as well as possible, mine just turned into this big ball of dough, it looked wet/greasy, but wasn't sticky to the touch, and it was so light and airy!

Put in pan(s) I used two pans, one bigger than the other, so I divided the dough into aprox. one-third, and two-thirds.

(You can't really tell, but the pan on the left is the smaller. ;)
Let rise in warm spot for up to 15 minutes. (I wouldn't reccomend longer, because I've heard letting GF yeast doughs rise for more than 20 minutes ruins them, so the get puffy, but after cooking they sink really bad. And I've experienced that myself...) I let mine go for about 10 minutes I think.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Top with desired toppings, and broil for about 5 minutes or until your toppings are cooked/heated, but not burnt! :)
For supper I topped mine with a cooked steak umm, frozen spinach (we didn't have fresh :( ), a few green pepper pieces, a little goat cheese, manchego sheep cheese, and some broccoli. You could basically put whatever you want on it. :)
I had a slice of the bigger one for breakfast Tuesday, and I put a little oil, brown sugar, and cinnamon on it, then broiled it. I was hoping to get the sugar to bubble and melt, but I put the cinnamon on top of the sugar, so it didn't work so well. ;)
I had peanut butter and jelly on some. Yum. I've missed that more than you could know. (and I never even loved it to begin with...) When I made pb&j, I did toast it, because it is a little, odd, you could say, not moist? but not goey? I don't know how to explain it. :) It's just better warm/toasted.
We had hamburgers last night, and I didn't even think about eating mine on their! But it would've been awesome!!!
Well we are going to finish this week's Biggest Loser now! :)
I'm not making any promises, but I'll try to post more often!
2 comments:
Awesome Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That looks super dooper yummy emily! :0
Great job! So glad your back! ;)
Post a Comment