Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Streak: Day Two and Spa Water

Today I ran at 6:55, right after the school bus drove past our street. Ya wanna know something strange? I am kinda scared of the school bus. Not literally, I mean, I don't freak out about them, I've ridden on one before, and I was perfectly fine. I just don't like them, and I will do a lot to avoid having to walk or run by one, including waiting ten minutes to run, so it can go past.

Maybe it's because I worry about what the people on the bus think. I don't like to run when they are all waiting for the bus either. It must just be my pride. In case you wonder, I have indeed walked and run by school busses, I just don't prefer it. :)


Want to hear something else? Something cool? I have seen this blue, convertible mustang drive down our street before, between 6-7 in the mornings. I saw it again today, and it stopped and picked the neighbor up for school. How awesome is that? I want to get a picture of it one day, it is such a cool color!

After I ran, and Samantha walked, I did my strength workout and had breakfast. Then Samantha and I made the coolest thing! Spa Water! I have never been to a spa, but apparently they server water like this at spas.

Spa water is super easy, and a much healthier alternative to soda or juice, but it's not drinking just plain water.





Today we made Watermelon-Peach and Strawberry-Watermelon flavors. 




You can do any fruit-fruit or fruit-herb combination, but I wouldn't recommend bananas, as they'd get brown and slimy. No one likes slimy water. ;)


Smush the fruit up a little to let the juices out, but don't completely pulverize it. 


Fill jars to the tippy-top with ice. This will give you a really cold drink.






Fill jars with cold water and refrigerate 12-24 hours, shake before serving. Pour through a sieve, so you don't have squishy fruit in your water. We're planning on turning the leftover fruit into a smoothie once we drink the water. 

-Emily

1 comment:

Christianna said...

Looks very healthy and yummy! I will have to try some for myself sometime :)