Wednesday, June 25, 2008








The first two pictures are of Levi before he got his hair cut, then the third one is after he got his hair cut. The last three are of clouds that I took with my mom's camera.



Hello,
I haven't posted in awhile so I will tell you what we have been doing. On the 6th Pete had his party and us three older girls went to the Babiak's and watched a movie with some of them. On the 7th there was a fishing derby at Pell Lake and we went, it was pretty good, my mom told us that starting June 8th and ending the last week of August if us three older girls exercise for 5 and a half hours and ride our bikes for 10 and a half hours we can each get a DVD of our choice. We can also "share" our hours so we can get one sooner, together we have just enough hours of biking and exercising to get one movie so we might get one soon. On the 9th, 11th, 12th, 17th, and the 19th we watched the neighbor's grandkids because the neighbor was in Germany the 4th-20th. The other days their friend watched them. Somewhere around the 12th my mom cut Levi's hair. The 14th we went to our dad's work's picnic, the 16th was 4-H, on the 18th we went to our friends house for supper. My mom went scrapbooking on the 20th and the 21st, on Friday we went car shopping while she was scrapbooking.




The reason we went car shopping is because on the 9th my dad's car overheated. You can still drive it but you would just have to stop every ten minutes and put water in it.=) It would cost quite a few thousand dollars to fix it and it would still have other things wrong with it. And my dad had been driving our 15 passenger van to work every day, rather expensive. At that rate, my parents decided just to get a new car, a mini-van actually. The car place had one option but they didn't want to tell us how much it cost and it smelled a little bit like smoke. They finally told us and I think it was like $11,000. We didn't get that one. Later my dad was looking online and he found a dark blue 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport for $4,500 and it had two built in carseats (you know the ones for little kids). We went and looked at it on Saturday (without my mom) and it is actually black but my dad bought it for under $4,000. We left it there because we didn't have anyone to drive it home. On Sunday we had church at home. On Sunday we had church at home, then my mom and dad and Daniel, Joy, Laurel, and Levi went to get the new van. After they got home we ate lunch and my dad and Daniel left to go to the Illinois train museum, Daniel earned that by reading a certain number of books. Then around 3:00 the rest of us left and went to our friend's graduation.




On Monday Pearl had one baby but it was dead, I let Pearl and Jewel and Diamond and Jewel mate on May 19th. Rabbits usually have their babies between 28 and 31 days after they mate but can have them up to 35 days after they mate as Pearl did. I let Diamond run around on Tuesday because since she hadn't had her babies yet I figured she wasn't going to. But then in the afternoon I went outside to catch her and let her mate again she was building a nest in this burrow that she along with two of my other rabbits dug. I blocked off the burrow and cleaned out her cage (there was two cardboard boxes in there that I had given her to make a nest in but she had torn both of them apart) and I put strips of cardboard that are about 4 inches tall around the edge of her cage because when they are about 1 day old the baby bunnies will crawl out of the nest box and out of the cage. Then I put a new box in her cage and put Diamond in her cage. Well it has been four days and she still hasn't built a nest. On Wednesday we cleaned the house. On Thursday we brought some fish to the pet store, went to Samantha's allergy shots, and we went to a few stores. Yesterday the Babiak's came over around 4pm and they camped with us in our backyard last night. We had a fire last night. The Babiak's left around 2pm today. We ate all our meals outside while they were here, even breakfast we hardly ever eat breakfast outside. This morning Samantha, Paige, Kaila and I walked to the end of our neighborhood and into a new neighborhood that they made last summer except there aren't any houses yet. Anyway we left at about 5:30am so we could take a picture of the sunrise except we were to late, we will have to leave at 5am if we go again. We got back at 6:00am. We had a lot of fun, we played several games and even went swimming. Well I have to go. I will try to post some pictures of the rabbits soon, maybe tomorrow.

No comments: