In the past couple weeks I have made, several recipes from her blog, and I plan to make many more!
Right now, I am sitting, smelling the delicious smell of zucchini bread as I wait for some yogurt to strain. (Never mind the fact that it is from may 20, and I might not have the nerve to eat it. :/)
I followed the recipe pretty close, I did make few changes, but who doesn't?
- I didn't use quite enough zucchini, because I didn't feel like shredding the other one, when I didn't really need that much more.
- I subbed Best Life Butter Spread instead of oil.
- I didn't use a whole cup of brown sugar.


When you strain yogurt, past the greek yogurt stage, it turns really thick, like cream cheese. Add a little sweetner, and you're good to go! Or, you can strain it part way, and have sour cream. Strain it a little less than that, and you have thick yogurt. :)

Top: In the middle of straining.
Bottom: At the end of straining.
To strain yogurt, line a mesh strainer (okay, it's a sieve, but I never call it that!) with two paper towels, one on top of the other, so you have two layers. Dump yogurt on top, and let sit for awhile to strain. If you have enough time, stick it in the fridge overnight and it will be done the next morning.

If you don't have that much time, (or don't want to wait that long...) or don't want your yogo that thick, you can stir it, scraping the thick stuff off the bottom, and it will hurry along quite nicely. If you do this, be careful not to rip the paper towels, and your whey will be a little cloudy, not as clear as if you leave it to strain by it's self. :)
You can use a coffee filter to do this, but my mom stopped doing that for some reason. (and now we have a whole package of coffee filters, and no coffee maker. :P haha)

Top: Whey, in real life it looks just like lemon juice. :)
Bottom: Whey dripping out of the strainer.
So, if anyone tries this out (the bread or the yogurt) let me know how it turns out! :D

Also, does anyone know how to get a video on here from Flickr? I tried doing it in it's own blog post, but it said Flickr can't find my blog, and it won't work. :( Any advice would be great! :)
(On a random note, our car is strange sometimes, when you leave, it dies when you back out of the driveway, or when you stop at the stop sign on our street, and we just had the air 'fixed' so it works, but the whole car has this really loud rumbly sound whenever the a/c is on. haha My dad's bringing it back to get it fixed again! :))
-Emily

Also, does anyone know how to get a video on here from Flickr? I tried doing it in it's own blog post, but it said Flickr can't find my blog, and it won't work. :( Any advice would be great! :)
(On a random note, our car is strange sometimes, when you leave, it dies when you back out of the driveway, or when you stop at the stop sign on our street, and we just had the air 'fixed' so it works, but the whole car has this really loud rumbly sound whenever the a/c is on. haha My dad's bringing it back to get it fixed again! :))
-Emily
1 comment:
Awesome\Yummy post girlY!!!
no, sorry, i have no idea how to do that! :(
(flickr movie)
Post a Comment