Saturday, June 2, 2012

Streak: Day Six

Today I ran 3.4 miles with Paige. Well we ran and walked, a nice little fartlek. It was painful, very painful. But so satisfying when I finished! :)



I am only going to be running three days a week (which is what I was doing before I started this streak... :) for the rest of this challenge, unless a miracle happens and I become elite...haha. ;)

I will walk the other four days, I do not intend to give up on this challenge! I was told only to run three days a week in the end of April (before that I had been running very sporadically...ahem.) I thought that since it's June now, I could run a mile everyday and be fine.

Buuuut, I'm struggling with shin splints, and currently I am really sore from strength on Thursday. I'm really hoping I didn't get hurt. My right leg is practically normal, but my left leg is not faring so well. :/ Less is more, and more is less, in my case I suppose.

As long as I'm back to normal for speedwork on Monday, it's all good. No pain, no gain!

I'm looking forward to 80 degrees tomorrow, hooray for warm weather! :) Have a lovely Sunday!
-Emily

2 comments:

Christianna said...

Oh my goodness this is a gorgeous photo! And I don't blame you for not running every day... I can't run well at all. BUT I'm making efforts to get at least some kind of exercise in and to eat healthier. You should be proud of me :)

Emily said...

Why thank you! I'm just ending cross country season, and still I take 1 or 2 days off per week! Kudos to you, exercising and eating healthy together is the way to go! :)