Saturday, August 8, 2009

Today (around 5pm) I made no-bake cookies, I took a bunch of pictures while doing it for 4-H...the rest of the day we worked on getting ready for school. I didn't start yet. I really want to though.


Spoon onto waxed paper.

mix in cocoa and oats











the butter, sugar, and milk boiling

No-Bake Cookies
In a pan, boil 2 cups of sugar, 1 stick of butter, and 1/2 cup of milk for 4 1/2 minutes. Stir while it is boiling. Make sure it is really boiling like in the picture. Then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla, I forgot this...the recipe card we have is really confusing and I missed the vanilla part. Oops, no one noticed and they still taste good though. Next take your pan off the stove (and turn it off!) and quickly stir in 3 cups of quick oats, 3 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder and a dash of salt. I didn't want them to taste too salty (and I didn't want to make my dash too big) so I skipped that. Finally spoon the...um, batter or dough out in the size you want on waxed paper. Do this fast because if it hardens in your pan you kinda have a big problem. Then let them sit until they are hard. Then eat them or store in a airtight container. Sorry I don't know how long they stay good, probably a a week at the most.

3 comments:

Friends of Narnia said...

Hey Emily! Those sound really good! :D I'll have to try them. :) I found your blog from the link Kiwi put on Lady Florimel's blog. You know me, although we haven't seen each other in years. You used to come to our church (but it was a really long drive), and I'm the same age as Paige and Kaila. :) If that doesn't give it away then comment back and I'll email Paige and have her show it to you. :)

Rebekah

Emily said...

Thanks for telling me who you are. =D I hope you like the cookies if you make them.
Emily

Lady Florimel said...

Yummy! Those cookies look so good!!!
I think I will make some today:)
~Alena or Lady Florimel~