Today I am going to be very busy. Besides my regular chores (putting away all the clean dishes, making supper, setting the table before supper, cleaning the kitchen after supper, and making baked oatmeal for tomorrows breakfast)
I also have to go to the doctors today. I sprained my wrist way back in June and it never got better, when my mom called the doctor to make an appointment to get an x-ray she said that when we went to the walk-in clinic in June they should have taken an x-ray. Then a few weeks ago I sprained my ankle. My mom told me last week that I should take Advil because the doctor would probably tell me to do that anyway. I took it for about two days, didn't help so then she said take twice as much as before, I did that and it didn't help so then on Saturday she said take Tylenol which doesn't help. The only thing those do to me is make me tired and I am pretty much never tired, like I will get tired from running to far or something but I am not someone who is always almost falling asleep. I have been quite bored since my mom said I shouldn't play outside or stuff like that. Yesterday though I finally went outside and played. The last couple of days my right knee has been hurting also. See I banged it on a metal pole that you slide down at a playground while sliding down it with about 5 other people. It turned bright blue! The only thing is that I hurt it in May and ever since then it is been kinda weird. My right shoulder has been bothering me too since May because I got hit with a volleyball really hard, usually when something hits you it stops and bounces back right? Well the instead of doing that it bent my shoulder backwards and kept going. I didn't feel anything but since then it has been really odd, like somethings I just couldn't do with it, yesterday I couldn't put my arm above my head with out it hurting really bad, today I can.
After I go to the doctors we have to come home get everybody else and all the flowers and plants we are entering in the fair and bring them to the fair grounds.
Tomorrow the fair starts, I am not sure which days we are going but I don't think we are going the day that our friends are going to ride the rides. =( It would be so fun to go on rides with them. On Friday my rabbit gets judged, he has to wear a costume. That will not be fun getting on him.
For the last couple of days I have been working on and off on a pair of shorts. They were already made but they were way to big for me and the only belt I have it way to big to so I decided to add elastic and buttons like they do in some clothes so you can make them as big or small as you want. I cut a hole on the inside of the waist, whip stitched around the edge so it wouldn't fray then I put a button in front of it, I did the same thing to the other side except the button, my sister got in our room and the button disappeared. =( Then I put elastic through the waist so now all I have to do is sew on a button...after I find one. Once I am done I can wear those to the fair. So I better hurry up and find another button.
Well I hope you liked reading this really loooong post about injuries, fair and sewing.
2 comments:
I like long posts. :) Oh, I've never tried to make a pair of shorts!! Sounds cool. :D I am contemplating a kilt, though... See, we have these old plaid sheets and Mom was going to give away, but we wanted to save them to make into things... So far I have cut a few squares out of them to make "Scottish tartans", which we use when playing in the woods, etc. But Kiwi attempted a kilt not too long ago, and then her friend Caleb gave her a link to a page on how to make a REAL kilt, so I might try my own version. :D Running around in sheets: is that as bad as running around in old drapes?? ;P
~Queen Lucy~
Oh for the shorts I just added elastic in the waist because they were to big :P Making a kilt would be cool! Ah playing in the woods is fun, unfortunantly we don't have any to play in anymore.
~Emily
Post a Comment