Hello,
On Friday we went up to camp for the work weekend. It was really cold, 26 degrees at night and on Saturday it snowed for the first time! Our friends went to so we had a lot of fun! :) When we got there after we unpacked the van Daniel and I helped Leah, Sarah, Rachel and Kendra rake all the pine needles by the picnic tables. That took a while. Next we started to clean the chapel but we stopped for supper in the middle of that. After supper we finished cleaning the chapel and then we went back to the dinning hall to play games. Rachel, Kendra, Daniel and I ended up starting at least four games but then someone would quit so we had to find a new one to play. Then after Daniel had to go to bed with all the other little kids in our family I started playing Risk with Michael, Rachel, and Kendra. Then they had to go to bed so we stopped.
Next I helped put apple cores and peels in boxes and pick them off the floor. Some people were cutting up apples because someone picked like 5 bushels of apples. My sisters said I couldn't help cut them because I sprained my wrist but they have no problem making me peel and cut potatoes at home. Then after they finished I played a few games of dutch blitz with a few people. Finally my sisters and Kaila were done working in the kitchen so we played games till about 1am. Two other girls that were also working in the kitchen, my friend and her older sister stayed in the same cabin as us.
Saturday morning me and Daniel went to the dinning hall with the girls. Rachel and Kendra went with Kaila and we help set tables for breakfast. After breakfast Sarah, Rachel, Daniel, Kendra and I cleaned out gutters. That was kinda hard because we had to use a 10 foot ladder. The first couple gutters were dry so they didn't take to long. Then the ones that were wet took awhile because we had to keep stopping and washing our hands because they were so cold. After that we wiped out the refrigerator in the nurses cabin. Then we ate lunch.
After lunch we went and helped Robert, Michael and Jared stack the logs that Mr. Bob cut and put the branches in the pile. A little after we got there the log pile fell over because they had stacked it wrong. So then we had to move all the logs away and stack it again. That took a while because the pile was at least 4 feet tall. Most of the logs were around 2 feet long and 3 to 6 inches across. There were some really big ones too. After we finished re-stacking the logs we raked the road where Mr. Bob was cutting all the logs because there was a lot of sticks, leaves and pine needles there.
Then me and Rachel went to catch up with the boys who took a walk but they had gone one direction and we went the other so after a while of looking for them we just went and played at the playground. Around 3pm Rachel and Kendra and their family went home. We played in the game room until we ate supper and then we went to bed.
On Sunday we ate breakfast packed up and left. We got home around 4pm. We turned on the heat because it was so cold.
Now we have to do school again. Tonight we are going to a 4-H club.
I would post some pictures but I never seem to take very many at camp so I don't have any to post.
While we were gone one of my rabbits, Jewel died. He was 4 years old. Now I only have 3 rabbits.
6 comments:
Hey There Emily
Did you have fun at camp?
Hey Lizzy,
Yes I did, camp was tons of fun!!! :D
Hello Emily
I LOVE your blog!
Thank you! :)
Actually, your sisters wouldn't let you peel apples at camp because of your sprained wrist.....AND they don't make you peel potatoes or apples at home because of you sprained wrist either.
yes I know you don't make me peel apples or potatoes at home that's just why I happened to peel potatoes before we went to camp. AND after we came home from camp you made me cut up a bunch of apples. And you certainly had NO problem with me cutting them up then. :P
Post a Comment