Tuesday, November 1, 2011

hello november

First off, I just want to say: I missed blogging!

A replica of a Wooly Mammoth, this is the foot
It's November. This month is already filling up with lots of fun things.
I'm going to a Lecrae concert this weekend
We're going on a trail ride at our friends farm next Monday
I'll be working in the kitchen at camp for the scrapbookin retreat, with Paige
Daylight's Savings is this month (That's exciting, right?!)
Thanksgiving is coming along with lots of yummy food
Black Friday means getting our Christmas tree, and decorating for Christmas
I might be able to go to the Footlocker Cross Country Championships to cheer on the 5 runners from our team :D
Samantha, Paige, and I are learning how to dance this month. Zumba, Hip Hop, and maybe Breakdancing             

As most of you know, last week we went on vacation. Sunday we drove to Kentucky, Monday and Tuesday we went to the Creation Museum, which was awesome. We got to pet a zedonk a zorse!
Tuesday afternoon we drove to a hotel in Indiana, where we spent the night.
Wednesday morning we drove to Chicago, stopped at a huge Kohl's (where the tax was 9.75%! O.o) and went to Ikea for the first time! It was amazing! I loved it so much! :D
Then we went to Gurnee Mills Mall, we hadn't been there in years! And finally we got home around 10:30pm.
Thursday morning Paige and I found out we had a ride to camp, and they really needed the help, so we washed our clothes, packed, and went to camp for the Teen Retreat.
I was mostly in the dishroom and Paige was mostly in the kitchen. It was really fun and I met a bunch of nice people (well a few, not really a bunch :P). We got home Saturday around supper time, and I was so tired. Driving or riding over 24 hours in a week will do that to you. ;)
Grandma had to go home Saturday morning because her brother in law (He was 90!) passed away on Thursday, and she had to get back for the funeral.
Today I made donuts in a Babycakes donut maker my mom bought. They didn't work to well, but they taste good! I made lemon jelly filling, which is like lemon curd, for some of them, but it got really hard, it's similar to Laffy Taffy. 

I took over fourteen hundred pictures on vacation, and I didn't bring my camera to camp either. Sunday and yesterday I went through and deleted about half. That is so time consuming, it takes almost as long as editing them!

I've taken it upon myself to learn piano. I'm working on a couple different songs, Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two), The Wedding March, Fur Elise, and My Favorite Things. The latter three I used to be able to half play, and they are on our piano and it tells you which keys to hit and everything. :) 
I really want to learn A Girl Named Tennesse by Needtobreathe, but I can't find the music for free.
One day I should learn all the notes and everything, but for now I'm playing by ear and I go through the song and write the names of the notes so I know which ones to play. Ahem. ;)


How do the pictures look to you? I copied them of my Facebook, because I've run out of space on Blogger and Flickr. :(

Until next time,
-Emily

4 comments:

rachel esther said...

LOVE the photo of your little bro. He is so cute!

{Grace} said...

I love the pictures!!! They're really cool!

You get to see Lecrae?! AWESOME!

I love hip-hop!!!

Emily said...

I know, I love taking pictures of him!
Thanks Grace! :) I am SOO excited!!! :D I got to see him this summer too! :D

Miss Me said...

love your pictures:D Especially the flower <3 haha XD

~HeidiAnne