Wednesday, November 23, 2011

life

This week has been quite the mix of happy and, well not happy.

I've sorta-but-not-really had a cold this whole week.

Sunday we went to church in the morning, and back again at night for the Thanksgiving service. It was lovely.
Berry things on a tree at camp.
Monday I went shopping with my mom, and got fitted for running shoes!!! I'd never done that before, and it was a little awkward, but I guess it's only as awkward as you make it. :P  The best part is I got new running shoes!!! :D I'm so excited, and I can't wait until December 1 so I can go for a run!

Tuesday I set out to make delicious gluten free cocoa pancakes for breakfast.  We didn't have enough cocoa, and things went down hill from there. Needless to say, in the end I ended up with a rather large pile of the grodiest pancakes I've ever eaten! They wouldn't even cook right! :P
Meet the swimming lake. :)
This week I wrote a report about cameras. 3-5 typed, double-spaced pages, which equals somewhere around 10-12 hand written if I remember correctly. It was torture.


Tonight  I  am  going  to  make  pie  for  Thanksgiving. Pumpkin,  and  perhaps  a  chocolate (with chocolate chips not cocoa powder. :P). 


(Did I just write that all double spaced? Gah I'm still in report mode!) 
Some gluten free bread made with the King Arthur GF mix. It wasn't bad at all! :D
I may or may not take pictures for you all, depending on how the kitchen looks, and if I can get the colors to look decent with our lights. ;)

Which reminds me, I have dishes to put away. Good bye for now my lovelies. :)

Happy Thanksgiving in advance! :D  This weekend's going to be awesome, because I get to watch some of my friends run at the Footlocker Nationals! And please pray for no rain, so they do better, and so I can take pictures! :)

This song has the most lovely introduction. Listen to it even if you don't listen to the whole song, please? :) Jenny Norlin should definitely cut her own album! 

-Emily

4 comments:

rachel esther said...

Why do you have to wait till December 1st to run??
heyy that's awesome you got new shoes!! :)

Emily said...

We (my cross country team, with the exception of those running at the Footlocker nationals on saturday) are taking time off to recover from the cross country season. :)
Yesss I love them! :)

*Lizzie* said...

Awesome post!!And Happy Thanksgiving to you too ;) LOVE the first picture!!! So cool!!! Congrats on the new running shoes!!! :D

Emily said...

Thanks Lizzie!!! :D