Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Running A Mile

Have any of you ever run a mile? I don't ever remember doing it before. Today I am gonna run a mile (or at least TRY) on our treadmill. I don't like to run on the treadmill because it is old and squeaky, so I always think it's gonna collapse. And There's this plant in front of it and part of it always is like an inch away from my face, it's really annoying. I have a goal to run this mile in less than 7 minutes and 47 seconds...haha. I can't run outside because it's not safe and I can't breathe when I'm running in the winter after a few minutes, because of the cold air. :(
We got a bunch more snow last night, we definetly go more than a foot overall. The kiddos didn't trample the sidewalk too bad yesterday.  YAY!
Around 10am I went out and started shoveling (we probably had 10 inches to shovel) a few minutes later Daniel came out too. We shoveled the back sidewalk, part of the side, part of the stairs, and more than half the driveway (and had the mailbox almost all dug out) when Pete finally came to help.
A minute or two after Pete came out, our friends who had just shoveled Miss Margret's came and helped us! :) They helped us finish the driveway, mailbox, stairs, sidewalk, and even helped us shovel a path in the yard down to the road for the garbage cans (that is really weird, but my dad said the boys HAVE to do it). Then we got to talk a little bit before they left. :) I'm so glad we got to see them. :)
On Monday we went to 4-H, (and we saw these same friends then :) after the meeting we got to play a game, it was a little like yahtzee. I think it was called blunco.

This morning there was apparently an earthquake around 4am. We didn't know it until we heard it on the radio later though!
My mom, Paige, and Lillian are still in VA. Lillian walked some yesterday! :)
VA is supposed to get more snow, so they will have a total of around 5 feet!
My fam. that's over there had 69 and 1/2 hours with out power after the last storm! They are supposed to come back to WI on Saturday, but they might not be able too! :(

Well I gotta go eat lunch. 
Bye! I'll post this later with how I did on that mile. :)
11:55AM

Well I ran half a mile on the treadmill, that didn't take very long, but I had to stop and turn on Little House on The Prairie for the kiddos.
Then after that I ran a mile with the Wii. It took me about 7 minutes. I made my goal! :) I am going to try and keep running everyday, or at least 3 times a week. ON the treadmill. Maybe I can get real good at running. haha I can run short distances ok but long....that is really hard for me. :(
Well I have to go set the table.

We have been listening to tobymac's new songs all day. I got an email today saying they shipped my cd. I probably won't get it until Monday. :(
Bye!

2 comments:

Paige's Page said...

Good job on your mile run! And too bad about your cd. =(

Paige

p.s it was only 63 1/2 hours but still that is a LONG time!!!

Emily said...

Thanks! :)
I looked at the tracking site again this morning...and the cd was at the post office by us, the one on out address... :) YAY!!!! It might come today! :D
Ok, maybe I will change that, but yeah it still is a long time!
~Emily