Sunday, February 7, 2010

LIFE: Practicing being a Mom

Right now I am listening to clips from tobymac's new cd Tonight! :D I am really excited because on the 9th (or somewhere by then)  I am getting a package with Tonight in it, a Tobymac poster in it, and a lanyard.! I so can't wait!!!! :)
I just finished cleaning the bathroom (the WORST room in the house to clean :P) because our friends might come over today! :)
I guess I should tell you all about what's been happening lately...
On Thursday my parents, Paige, and Lillian flew to my Grnadma in VA. Their flight was at like 1:30pm or some thing and they didn't get to Mac's (Grandma's) house until after 8pm, they had TONS of traffic. And they had problems getting the rental car, and they had to go shopping to buy baby food, diapers and the like.
The reason they had tons of traffic was because they were gonna get a bunch of snow on Friday and in VA everybody wants to buy bread and milk if it's gonna snow...wierd!
On Friday Mac had surgery. The cancer is gone now (the dr.s think) and she might not have to have chemo!
It snowed tons as the forecast said. They have over 2 feet of snow! My mom, Paige and the baby haven't had power since Friday night I think. So they have to use candles and thw woodstove. My dad and Mac are still at the hospital, stuck. My uncle (who lives right down the road from Mac) is really busy because he is in charge of all the people plowing, when to give them breaks, taking them where they need to plow and stuff. And the highway is total ice I was told, and of course people are trying to go places. (Pretty foolish if you ask me, these people don't know how to drive in snow!!!)
Well ALL this information was giving to me by my older sister, who got it from my mom so it isn't 100% accurate, but then what is???
Me and Samantha have had an intresting time babysitting the 5 remaining kiddos...Thursday went ok.
Friday was um, iNtErEsTiNg. When we were eating breakfast Levi dropped his plate and it shattered all over the dining room. We couldn't vaccum all the glass of course and the ONLY broom we have (besides my broom that SOMEONE who was told NOT to touch lost in the snow 2 months ago) is a big push broom that doesn't work for anything (ecspecially snow, which is what we have to use it for) turned out to be okay for glass. Once we cleaned all the glass up, Levi had another plate and was mad about something, so he was waving it all around! He finally put it down though.  A\After breakfast was over, Miss Celeste (the neighbor) called. She thought she broke her foot, and was outside in her van. So Sammy went over there, then came running back, called our good friends, but Mr. Bob was gone somewhere, and everyone else was leaving.
So she told the Pete, Danny, and Levi to get in the van (little van of course) and then ran back across the street. Then she came back and told them to go back inside, because Miss Margret, Miss Celeste's mom who was almost 2 hours away, called and said her friend was coming to get Miss Celeste. But then a few minutes later, Sammy told the boys to get back in the van, because it was taking to long. Then she told them to get back out.  Pete brought some blankets over. Then Sammy called 911 becuase she didn't think she could get Miss Celeste in our van.
A few minutes later a cop came. She started righting down information. She had Sammy figure out how old Miss Celeste is, because she didn't feel like doing the math. Then she was like this driver's liscense is from 2009, so she might be older than that. Oh my!
Then the ambulance with paramedics came, then 2 more cops.
About an hour later they left. And Sammy comes walking down the road, talking on the phone, carrying two blankets, and carrying the neighbor's cat who is really dumb and would probably get himself run over when the cops left.
The neighbor had indeed broke her foot. Ouch!
Yesterday we had a tea party for lunch.  When the little kids were supposed to be going to bed, Levi decided he wanted to watch a movie so he screamed for about 15 minutes straight.
Guess what?! We now are supposed to be getting 7-11 (or more) inches of snow Late Monday night and early Tuesday morning. And it's supposed to be a storm. :(
My dad was supposed to come home tomorrow, but since all this snow has come, he might not be able to. I hope he can come because Monday night is 4-H.
I plan to put some hats for sale on my crochet blog soon, so anyone want to but a hat??? No? Well I didn't really think you did anyway. haha ;)
Well I guess that's all for now. I might post some random pictures later. I don't know.
Bye!
OH by the way, about the title...Sammy is really the one practicing being a mom, seeing as she's in charge, but it was all I could come up with for a title.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks!!!! :)
I had fun chatting too! :D
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
~Emily