On Saturday Samantha and Paige came home from camp, and brought Lauren from her house too! On
Sunday we went to Ignite Chicago in Schaumburg IL. That was CRAZY! So it started at 11am, and the box office for Lauren's ticket opened at 10:30am. So we decided to leave at 8am. We had a map, and we left by 8:17am. In the van we read some from a devotional book, since we forgot to get a sermon. After way to long on one highway we decided we were lost. When we hit Lake Zurich (I have a friend that lives there! =)
We knew we had gone to far. So we go to a gas station, and get directions for how to get to the Alexian Field. And of course, we didn't need to buy a map for $7, because we knew how to get there! (We didn't think about the fact we got lost on the way there and we had to get home in the dark!)We had gone a little out of the way, but we got there by 11:30am, and we don't ever listen to the first people, so that didn't matter.
Now it's time for supper, so I will finish later.
Okay, now its 8pm. Supper was over a while ago, but I was doing other stuff. Back to Sunday:
There was supposed to be 10 artists, but one didn't make it because their flight was delayed.
Here is the order they were in:
Abandon 11:30-11:50-We only heard part of them, and I don't really remember any of their music
Britt Nicole 11:55-12:15-She was pretty good.
Stellar Kart 12:25-12:50-They were really good! We got their signatures on two of our cd covers, and on
Sammy's shirt.Group 1 Crew 1:00-1:25-They weren't there, that's a bum 'cause I like them.
Decemberadio 1:40-2:10-I didn't really listen to them, cause I don't know who they are really.
Needtobreathe 2:45-3:20-We went to the van and ate some food we brought during them. They were okay.
Hawk Nelson 3:50-4:30-Me and Lauren stood about 5 people from the front for HN! They were really fun!
David Crowder Band 5:00-6:00-Was good, we got to where only one person was in front of us for them!
Judson Univ. 6:00-6:20-We had the front for a few minutes, but a bunch of little kids wanted to stand in front of us, so almost the whole front row was little kids, but we could see over their heads. :)
Tobymac 7:00-8:10-Was so cool! This was my first Tobymac concert and I loved it!
Mercy Me 9:00-10:25-We only stayed for their first few songs, and we were in the top of the bleachers.
After the first few of MM's songs we left, so we could get home not to late, right? And the first turn we made (besides the one out of the parking lot) was WRONG! See, when we came, we turned right to go in, but we thought we had come from the wrong direction, so we turned left to go out. But, we had really come in from the right direction.
So we went, oblivious of going to wrong way, to MckyD's, got some food, went on our way. After awhile, we decided we were lost. So we go to another gas station, get directions, they guy drew a really nice map, but the only problem was that he said to go on hwy 90, and get off on 12. You can't do that, we should have gotten off on120, and then gone to 12.
So eventually (about the time we hit town R, which is more than 30 minutes away from Lauren's house, when we were supposed to be going to our house which is 40 more minutes away from Lauren's) and after paying toll three times (and the window didn't work so we had to open the door) Sammy asked the last toll lady how far we were from the town by our house. Which she said over two hours! So we go to a gas station, that was open (unlike most gas stations in IL which are closed after 10pm) and got gas since we only had 1/6 a tank.
All in all, we drove less than 5 minutes away from Lauren's house, if only she had her stuff, we could have dropped her off! And we didn't get home until 1am!
I was SO tired, especially since Sunday morning before we left, I was bending over to get some thing that was in the foot wide space between my dresser and Sammy's makeshift bed, and she sat up and I halfway fell and twisted my knee really bad.
Then Monday morning I was up before 7 with Sammy and Lauren, since they were supposed to leave at 7am.
Today I did 4-H, pulled tons of grass out of the pool section, and mowed the neighbors grass. That really hurt my knee bad! And I got stung twice, once on my wrist and once on my knee from some bees, but they didn't hurt as bad as the time the hornet stung me when I was mowing their yard. But a hornet stung Pete really bad below his knee. :(
I have decided, that I am just going to ignore the pain as much as possible, and be as active as I can get myself to be. (Anyone have good ideas for motivation???) Then, maybe I will stop getting hurt? But what about where I'm already hurt? Ah, just forget it and get going! (That was talking to myself btw.)
Oh, somebody decided I am way deficient in vitamin D, so I have to take vitamin d. And of course it's from market america, and is gross! =(
Paige is going back to camp on Saturday, and her and Sammy are both coming home for good August 7 or 8!!! =D
I will try to post pictures soon, but I don't know how soon it will be. :) Now I should go excercise, or practice guitar. Which I can only finger the chords since the guitar is out of tune and I can't get it back in. Oh, btw we have a new keyboard that works now. ;)
Sunday we went to Ignite Chicago in Schaumburg IL. That was CRAZY! So it started at 11am, and the box office for Lauren's ticket opened at 10:30am. So we decided to leave at 8am. We had a map, and we left by 8:17am. In the van we read some from a devotional book, since we forgot to get a sermon. After way to long on one highway we decided we were lost. When we hit Lake Zurich (I have a friend that lives there! =)
We knew we had gone to far. So we go to a gas station, and get directions for how to get to the Alexian Field. And of course, we didn't need to buy a map for $7, because we knew how to get there! (We didn't think about the fact we got lost on the way there and we had to get home in the dark!)We had gone a little out of the way, but we got there by 11:30am, and we don't ever listen to the first people, so that didn't matter.
Now it's time for supper, so I will finish later.
Okay, now its 8pm. Supper was over a while ago, but I was doing other stuff. Back to Sunday:
There was supposed to be 10 artists, but one didn't make it because their flight was delayed.
Here is the order they were in:
Abandon 11:30-11:50-We only heard part of them, and I don't really remember any of their music
Britt Nicole 11:55-12:15-She was pretty good.
Stellar Kart 12:25-12:50-They were really good! We got their signatures on two of our cd covers, and on
Sammy's shirt.Group 1 Crew 1:00-1:25-They weren't there, that's a bum 'cause I like them.
Decemberadio 1:40-2:10-I didn't really listen to them, cause I don't know who they are really.
Needtobreathe 2:45-3:20-We went to the van and ate some food we brought during them. They were okay.
Hawk Nelson 3:50-4:30-Me and Lauren stood about 5 people from the front for HN! They were really fun!
David Crowder Band 5:00-6:00-Was good, we got to where only one person was in front of us for them!
Judson Univ. 6:00-6:20-We had the front for a few minutes, but a bunch of little kids wanted to stand in front of us, so almost the whole front row was little kids, but we could see over their heads. :)
Tobymac 7:00-8:10-Was so cool! This was my first Tobymac concert and I loved it!
Mercy Me 9:00-10:25-We only stayed for their first few songs, and we were in the top of the bleachers.
After the first few of MM's songs we left, so we could get home not to late, right? And the first turn we made (besides the one out of the parking lot) was WRONG! See, when we came, we turned right to go in, but we thought we had come from the wrong direction, so we turned left to go out. But, we had really come in from the right direction.
So we went, oblivious of going to wrong way, to MckyD's, got some food, went on our way. After awhile, we decided we were lost. So we go to another gas station, get directions, they guy drew a really nice map, but the only problem was that he said to go on hwy 90, and get off on 12. You can't do that, we should have gotten off on120, and then gone to 12.
So eventually (about the time we hit town R, which is more than 30 minutes away from Lauren's house, when we were supposed to be going to our house which is 40 more minutes away from Lauren's) and after paying toll three times (and the window didn't work so we had to open the door) Sammy asked the last toll lady how far we were from the town by our house. Which she said over two hours! So we go to a gas station, that was open (unlike most gas stations in IL which are closed after 10pm) and got gas since we only had 1/6 a tank.
All in all, we drove less than 5 minutes away from Lauren's house, if only she had her stuff, we could have dropped her off! And we didn't get home until 1am!
I was SO tired, especially since Sunday morning before we left, I was bending over to get some thing that was in the foot wide space between my dresser and Sammy's makeshift bed, and she sat up and I halfway fell and twisted my knee really bad.
Then Monday morning I was up before 7 with Sammy and Lauren, since they were supposed to leave at 7am.
Today I did 4-H, pulled tons of grass out of the pool section, and mowed the neighbors grass. That really hurt my knee bad! And I got stung twice, once on my wrist and once on my knee from some bees, but they didn't hurt as bad as the time the hornet stung me when I was mowing their yard. But a hornet stung Pete really bad below his knee. :(
I have decided, that I am just going to ignore the pain as much as possible, and be as active as I can get myself to be. (Anyone have good ideas for motivation???) Then, maybe I will stop getting hurt? But what about where I'm already hurt? Ah, just forget it and get going! (That was talking to myself btw.)
Oh, somebody decided I am way deficient in vitamin D, so I have to take vitamin d. And of course it's from market america, and is gross! =(
Paige is going back to camp on Saturday, and her and Sammy are both coming home for good August 7 or 8!!! =D
I will try to post pictures soon, but I don't know how soon it will be. :) Now I should go excercise, or practice guitar. Which I can only finger the chords since the guitar is out of tune and I can't get it back in. Oh, btw we have a new keyboard that works now. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment