Aww, it's soo cute!!! I miss my bunnies! :( I don't remember when this is from, I think maybe 2007. :)
The reason I decide to do a baby bunny picture, has quite the story behind it!
See, right now I have three rabbits, Diamond, Rain, and Emerald. This summer and last Rain and Emerald were the mom and dad for the bunnies. I didn't want to have Diamond be the mom, because I was a little worried about the babies being too in-bred.
Along time ago, Jack and Ruby were Diamond's (and three siblings who live elsewhere. Except I think the black sibling is the rabbit that randomly died three days after it got a new home? tmi? sorry.) parents.
The next summer, Jack and Diamond were Emerald's parents, so I didn't think it would be a good idea for Diamond and Emerald to mate.
Diamond's babies from 2007 I think. They are probably about 10 days in this picture. :)
We have a little fenced in area where the rabbits live in their own cages, and they get to take turns running around...Diamond and Emerald like to get their cages un-locked and get out to play. Normally it takes them awhile to get them unlocked, because they have little twisty locks on their doors. So they've never gotten out at the same time, until today.
This morning they were both out of their cages, running around. And I couldn't catch them because I had to hold Lillian while my mom brought Paige to work and went to Wally-World, and no one else wanted to do it for me.
Awhile later after my mom got home I went to go for a run, but stopped first to catch Emerald (well he was the first one I could catch) and put him in his cage. But I couldn't find his lock so I just left to door shut, not locked....
When I got back, he was back out, except he was in Diamond's cage, and she was resting on the ground as if she does that all the time. I went to catch Emerald and he ran out of course, so I chased him (ok really I sat beside Skippy's cage waiting for him to come out so I could pick him up) for awhile, but then Diamond jumped in her cage, so I stopped to shut the door. And then I actually chased Emerald around for awhile, until he finally was a good little bunny and jumped in his own cage! (I didn't forget to lock his cage this time!)
So it's all good right? Not exactly, the children tell me that they mated while I was running. So I guess I'm going to have a bunch more bunnies in October!
I'm excited, but I'm also kind of worried, because that's a little cold for tiny babies. In a way I'm glad it's Diamond, not Rain though, because she has no problem making a big nest with tons of fur, while Rain doesn't usually pull out that much fur, or make a good nest. And Diamond has 8 or 9 bunnies usually, and Rain has 4 or 5. So there will be more to keep each other warm.
But hopefully she doesn't have any! :)
Lillian was still sick this morning but she's pretty much better now. I really hope no one else gets sick!
We're still working on our project, hopefully we can tell everyone about it next week! :)
-Emily
1 comment:
Awww!They are so cute!!!! <3
Post a Comment