Saturday, September 17, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Flowers

My lunch...Arizona Mountain Soup (I think?) :D I love it, but most other people in the fam can't stand it! :(
This morning was sad and happy all at once. See, it was the second meet for my cross country team but I wasn't able to go. :( It was good, because the 4k I ran in the new neighborhood went really well and I got a time that I'm happy with, 26:53. :)

I wasn't sure what time I was shooting for, but I knew somewhere between 24 and 28 minutes. I could've gone a lot harder this morning, I'm not sore at all, and I wasn't dead at the end. It was a good try for my first 4k though. :)

Unfortunately the next three meets, the 24th, the 27th, and October 1st I'm not going to either, but hopefully I can get my 4k time down to 24 or 25 minutes by then!

The next meet I'm going to is October 6th, and it's only 20 minutes from our house! :D I am SO excited for it, I can't wait! But in the mean time I'm going to work really hard on getting faster!!! For anyone who's wondering, I can only go to a couple of meets because it's so far to them and I don't have a ride.

These flowers look like tissue paper! 

This afternoon I made biscuits, and they are so good! Okay, they could be better, but compared to the biscuits I made the other day, which were just gross not to my liking, these are delicious! :D
I'm working on the post next, but I probably won't actually post it until tomorrow, because I need a picture of a biscuit before I eat it, and they are for my breakfast tomorrow morning. :) 

When I get around to designing my house (I am going to be rich, and build my own house, on I don't know how many acres, and I'll have horses and a cow and maybe chickens, and it's going to be amazing!) I need to make sure I put my kitchen facing South, so I have good light for pictures all day. Our clean dish counter has a south window above it...our baking counter has the back door in front of it and too the side...guess which has better lighting? Yep, the dish counter, it has good lighting all day! :)

 Crutches, anyone? 

So today I was looking at the Cooking Photographer's blog, and she has this awesome article about grilling pizza! Yep! She grills her pizza! Now I really want to try it! We're supposed to eat homemade pizza in the next two weeks I think, I'm totally going to see if I can convince my mom to let us grill it! :D

I am so bummed it didn't focus on her face! 

Bees are awesome, look at all that pollen!

I'm thinking of getting bees sometime, maybe next spring. It would be so sweet! And we'd have lots of honey to eat! ;) (hopefully it's not to expensive to get started!)


For now, I'm off to work on my biscuit post! 
What are you doing this lovely Saturday? 

-Emily

No comments: