Saturday, March 26, 2011

Catch-All

I feel like this post is going to 'catch all', meaning I'm going to be really random. :D


It's hard to believe I will have been off gluten for a month in less than a week! I think in April we are going to start eating rice again, but still not gluten.

I feel like I don't cook or bake very much. Last fall it seemed all I did was babysit, do school, and cook. (Not that that's a bad thing...I love to cook :)) After Christmas though, I didn't have to babysit as much, I had less school, and I guess I quit cooking as much. :(


I haven't exercised that much this month. I've run about 6 miles I think, but that's it. And in addition to be running I need to do core work, and I might as well do arm exercises (Hey, the way I see it, if you're going to exercise, you should do a complete workout, and look good everywhere, not just one place. :)) Someone might be giving me a 5k training program, so I'm thinking about doing that. I hope to get some goals set for April this week. :D

I was supposed to work on 4-H this month. With 5 days left, I haven't done that much. I need to start working more! Sometimes I feel like all I do is eat. Nothing else. I am really bad at procrastinating, and since I don't 'have' to do any of this stuff, like I had to do school, I just don't do it.

And for all that eating I do, I'm not getting much out of it. I still weigh the same as the beginning of this month, and I try to eat 6 times a day. It's hard, I run out of stuff to eat. Mostly, it's smoothies. Yesterday when I was cleaning the kitchen cabinets (I finished all my today!) I left the juicer out, because my mom had been talking about getting it out. Maybe I'll make some juice for breakfast tomorrow, I absolutely love fresh juice! :)

Last night we spent 2 hours in Kohls. We bought something for every single person in our family. We went in every section of the store, some several times.  And we saved twice as much as we spent.

What I got? Jean capris, and a sweet v-necked shirt. It's white and has green and blue strip things, it's just so cute! (I didn't say that to be conceited or anything, it's just an awesome shirt!) It's kinda low so I'll have to wear a tank top under it, but I usually wear one anyway! :)

Today I made something.  (Yay, I baked! :D) I made gluten free cinnamon raisin bread, it doesn't really count as baking, it was just a mix. Add water, eggs, oil, cook. Well it's still cooking. (I don't know, but those raisins seem huge. Maybe that has to do with the fact I don't care for them?)


I'm looking forward to tomorrow night. Last youth group was the 6th, so it's been awhile. That 3 week break has reminded me to be thankful I am allowed to go to youth group, and that I have friends there. It reminded me of when I knew pretty much no one at church, and I rarely got to see any friends. I'm so glad I know people at church now, and I'm really happy that our friends and our family are in 4-H again this year, because if we weren't, we wouldn't have any other times to see them.

Which brings me to something I (and nearly every other family member) am so excited about!!! :D Levi is 5 this year, and for his party he is having our closest friends over!!! Our moms are best friends, our dads are good friends, Paige is best friends with Kaila, Pete is best friends with Michael, Laurel is Jared's best friend. Me, Rachel and Kendra are very close too. Our two family's have tons of memories together, good and bad. We went to the same churches since we met (16 1/2 years ago) up till June of 2009. That was probably one of the hardest things for me.

Also, I am just really excited for April. Spring! Levi's party! Samantha's friend is coming to spend the night! I might get to watch a play at our church, that my friend is in! And something else too, which is so, so huge, I can't tell you! :( 


Today, I went through my closet. And I got rid of a ton of clothes that I don't wear. This might sound weird, but I think I really was keeping most of them, just for the memories I have from wearing them. the churches I wore them too, the people that went there. Like that purple shirt and orange skirt I wore to the Covenant, and our last church, almost all the time. If I didn't wear purple, it was blue. Occasionally I wore the brown one, and a teal green shirt. Our last church, I wore a certain jean skirt a lot...none of those clothes fit me, they are all too big! I wonder why on earth I ever wore them all the time, when I was even smaller! haha :)

Needless to say, my closet has shrunk, which is good, and now I don't have to feel that I have too many clothes that I never wear, and that I can actually wear them all, because I don't have 6 million choices, that I wouldn't wear in the first place!

As I'm sure any of you can tell, I have done a bad job posting what I eat. Well, I mostly have smoothies (fruit, banana and peanut butter, and one or two mocha/peanut butter), fresh fruit, and meat.

Sometimes I'll eat eggs, but I don't want an egg allergy (I've heard of to many people who ate eggs everyday and then got allergic to them), and honestly, eggs every day gets boring.  Of course I've had a few baked things, cookies, doughnuts, they were so good :) And hush puppies (my mom said I should make them, because I had already used the oil for doughnuts :)).  I've eaten some soups too.

I can't listen to Air1, because the internet player only works for a few seconds, and it doesn't come in on the radio. I'll just listen to Klove, all the songs they play are getting boring, so I wanted to listen to something else for a while.

This post needs more happiness. :) How about some pictures of our crocus'??? (We had about 20, but since it's been freezing/snowing, I think they're all dead).








(This picture=horrible quality...that's what happens when you use zoom, and crop the picture 3 times...haha)

But, wowsers! My hair looks like I dyed it dark! Not to be vain, but I like my hair in this picture, and that's good, considering I usually think my hair looks bad. :)

Have a good weekend! :)
-Emily

1 comment:

*Lizzie* said...

Lovely pictures Emmy! Like always! =)