Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday!!!

Today is my lovely friend, Rachel's birthday!!! Happy Birthday Rachel!!! :D I love looking at all your pictures on your blog, they are great!

Today, after exactly 15 years (not counting hours, minutes, or seconds) of eating gluten and rice I am starting to eat with no gluten or rice, along with no dairy.

For breakfast I had a scrambled egg-turned-omelet. Leftover hashbrowns, orange juice, bacon, sausage, and sausage gravy from yesterday.

I think I am going to try doing a post every day with what I ate, hopefully with pictures too. :)

But for now, I'll tell you about yesterday, which was my 15 birthday. :)

I had waffles, biscuits, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, sausage gravy, bacon, and orange juice. (When I picked my breakfast, somehow a lot of extra food made it's way onto the menu. Ha. It's all good anyway. :)

It was really warm, 45 degrees! There are crocus plants on our hill, but no flowers. That was so nice when we went out to Sears, and Target. Target had all these $5 jeans. I'm jealous of whoever buys them. I didn't get any because we didn't have a lot of time.

For lunch we had fruit.

For supper we had hamburgers, pasta salad, baked beans, and deviled eggs. I'm hoping to get some recipes up here soon, sausage gravy, deviled eggs, and, a little  yummy surprise. Also my cake recipe.



I didn't exactly have cake, I had peanut butter pudding dessert. I had this a few years ago too, and it was so good. :)

My parents got me some sock, a blanket, TobyMac's book, City on Our Knees, which I had wanted to read! And a Starbucks gift card! I had wanted to buy one last month, so I could get a free drink for my birthday (am I the only one who does stuff like that, so they can have free things???) so in a few days I'll be getting a coupon in the mail! :)



The retreat last weekend was really, really good. We learned about servanthood, and did lot's of great activities! I'm so glad me and my brother could go. :D

It's cold again today, only 25 degrees. Brrr! I think I'll get a bunch of pictures up here for this post now. :)

These are two recipes I want to try. I need to work on trying non-dessert or snack recipes, because that is almost always what I try. Ha. Maybe tonight's supper I can put up here. I think we're making cream of chicken soup.
Kit Kat Bars 
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies (flourless)

They are both gluten free, and if I used all corn chex for the bars, they would be rice free too.

This month I hope to do a lot of work on 4-H. I want to get my record book all filled out, pick all my projects, and hopefully do a lot of the projects.

But first, I need to do a little lot of cleaning and re-arranging in our room! :)

-Emily

7 comments:

*Lizzie* said...

Happy Birthday Emmy! I hope you had a beautiful b-day dear friend!
God Bless you this whole week!! <3

A Servant for Christ,
Lizzie
P.S. You need to put that your 15 on your profile instead of 14 =) Your 15 now! WOW!! =D

rachel esther said...

Thank you so much Emily! You too!
Wow. were all getting soo old!!!!! lol
have a great night! :)
Rachel

rachel esther said...

hey Emily,
What kind of book is the city on are knees book?
I didn't know that he wrote a book about it!
Thanks!
Racehl <3

Emily said...

Hey Rachel,
Well I haven't read it all yet, but it's like all these stories about people stepping across lines of dscrimination, persecution, doubt, pride, bitteness and stuff, and it challenge and inspires you to change. (That was all from the cover, but I think that's what it's about :))
You're welcome!
Emily <3

rachel esther said...

I should look it up at the libratry then! sounds interesting! :) or maybe, if the library doesnt have it, do you think i could borrow it?
Thanks! :)
~Rachel

Emily said...

Good idea! If it doesn't have it, you can definitely borrow it! :)

rachel esther said...

Thanks Emily! :)