
Last Saturday me and Samantha were talking about how good french toast/pancakes sounded for breakfast. (She's eating low carb, so no pancakes/bread). Then, she said something about crepes. We tried to make them once before, and they were really hard to flip. :)
Then, she started looking up recipes for gluten free crepes...and found one that used cornstarch instead of flour! I had to try it! :)
(Recipe from Gluten Free Gobsmacked)
(You know, I'd probably have twice as many blog posts if I didn't get so distracted! I just waste 20-30 minutes looking at blog's and recipes, when I was looking for that link. :P)
Gluten Free Easy Crepes
Recipe makes 10 crepes (I used our medium cast iron, which is probably 7-8 inches across)
Ingredients:
2/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 egg
2 teaspoons oil
pinch of salt
Recipe makes 10 crepes (I used our medium cast iron, which is probably 7-8 inches across)
Ingredients:
2/3 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup cornstarch
1 egg
2 teaspoons oil
pinch of salt
1/2 tesapoon vanilla (not in the picture)


Directions:
Whisk all ingredients until very well blended.




Spray your pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
Pour 2 Tablespoons of batter into the pan while swirling the pan.
Continue to swirl the pan, off the heat, until the batter begins to bubble and there is no longer excess batter to swirl.


Cook for 20-40 seconds or until 'steam is puffing out the sides'.
Flip crepe and cook for 15-20 seconds on other side.
I found they were really easy to flip, because they were kinda rubbery (it sounds gross, but it isn't!) and didn't fall apart. Also, they don't get 'brown' like a pancake would, they just get hard and weird if you cook them for too long (not that I would know that...)
Now, this post doesn't have any pictures yet. But we (Paige, my mom and I) are going shopping tonight, and leaving anytime.
*5 minutes pass as I run to take a picture of a heart shaped potato and a chocolate smoothie in a sweet little cup my mom got from the goodwill for the siblings*
Now, where was I??? Oh, yes, I shall work on getting pictures on flickr, then on here. I don't think I'm going to edit them. Too much work (and time). Hopefully I can finish before we have to leave! :)
While my pictures upload I shall ramble...in my complaining post, I mentioned that I found everything from our old computer on here, thus the reason I ran out of space. Now, I found that I cannot delete any of it. Not one single thing! I need *insert whatever it says here* permission. :P So now I have to have my dad fix it, but he's so busy working and when he's not working all the kids want to do stuff with him, and he has to do normal things like eat. And my mom always has stuff for him to do. I'm hoping this will only take like 5 minutes to do...
Ah, still not done, pictures? Well, this week. Oh, never mind you're done now! :)
This week we have been spring cleaning. Our house, well, it is was gross. Today, I cleaned out the lower kitchen cabinets/drawers. Er, except I kinda ran out of space to do the pot cabinet, the towel drawers, which shouldn't be dirty, the sharp knife drawer, and the lid drawer. See, I had too take the stuff out, vaccumm, wash them down, and put it all back in. But, my brother 'borrowed' the vaccumm, for my mom. So I unloaded every cabinet/drawer that I had room for, minus the one's I had already done. Then, I washed all the silverware and the little white thingys it goes in in the diswasher (since it wasn't really that dirty, I turned it off halfway through) Then I dried it all, and put all the pans in the dishwasher, because there was no other room for them. Ha, Lillian wanted to eat baking soda (the baking cabinet was emptied too), so she told me she was going to get a bowl...she opens the cabinet, and was so shocked! It was hilarious! She couldn't figure out where they went! First she told me, in a sighing tone, 'I broke them all', then she looked in the fridge...finally I told her to look on the counter, where they were all stacked with the plates. She was like, wow! lol :D
*Goes shopping (very fun!) for 5 hours, comes home, watches a movie, goes to bed, gets up, eats breakfast, gets distracted reading blogs*
You can eat whatever you want on the crepes, I saw one person in the comments, said they made I think it was lasagna with the crepes, then they didn't have to use noodles. That is really creative, and while it might sound weird, I'm sure it would taste fine, because they aren't sweet. :)
I had strawberries and strained raw yogurt(sweetened with truvia, I don't like it plain) on my crepes.
*Goes shopping (very fun!) for 5 hours, comes home, watches a movie, goes to bed, gets up, eats breakfast, gets distracted reading blogs*
You can eat whatever you want on the crepes, I saw one person in the comments, said they made I think it was lasagna with the crepes, then they didn't have to use noodles. That is really creative, and while it might sound weird, I'm sure it would taste fine, because they aren't sweet. :)
I had strawberries and strained raw yogurt(sweetened with truvia, I don't like it plain) on my crepes.

There you go! I hope you love your crepes if you make some! :)
I really want to do a 'normal post' about life right now. But I have to go drag the vaccumm up here so we can vaccumm (and spring clean!) our room. Thankfully it's not as dirty as some places in this house. :)
-Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment